The Museum needs dedicated and committed volunteers to help with day-to-day museum operations.
If you want to contribute your time, energy and skills to create a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can experience the Blues, the National Blues Museum offers a range of volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers interact with patrons on the museum floor – Greeting visitors, asking and answering questions, demonstrating interactives, and enforcing museum policy (no food or drink, etc) when needed.
At special events, volunteers will answer questions from those who stop in at our information table, greet and check in guests and assist by ushering at events, lectures and seminars.
Request an Application
If you’re interested in volunteering at the National Blues Museum, contact Visitor Experience Coordinator Dave Beardsley, to request a volunteer application. Applications are accepted at all times and will remain on file. Volunteer applicants will be contacted for an interview when a position opens that matches their ability, skills and interests.
• Unlimited access to special exhibitions during museum hours;
• 10% savings in the Museum Store;
• Special admission to presentations by curators, historians, writers, musicians, and other experts from the National Blues Museum and other institutions;
• Appreciation and recognition for your service!
Museum Volunteer Guidelines
All volunteers must be 18 years of age and sign a confidentiality and policy statement. All positions require basic computer skills and internet access for correspondence, training, and scheduling. Volunteers accepted through the application and interview process will be expected to:
• Make minimum commitments of time, usually one year;
• Be reliable in attendance and punctuality;
• Abide by Museum policies;
• Attend training required for your volunteer position;
• Collaborate with staff and other volunteers ;
• Accept evaluation of your volunteer work.
Sign up right here
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll be in touch!