An enhanced music experience
The National Blues Museum will use Blues music to enhance learning and creative thinking.
Our goal is to be an educational bridge to American history, social studies, science and math – as well as music. Innovative strategies, developed in concert with educators and attuned to the needs of students, will be inherent in our program.
Among our goals, we will:
- Provide an enhanced Museum experience for students and educators;
- Facilitate the creation of classroom resources and traveling exhibits to demonstrate the power of music and America’s rich musical heritage;
- Engage children and families to encourage musical appreciation and expression;
- Increase access to music programs in underprivileged communities;
- Address race, diversity and culture through the Blues;
- Serve as a center for education and collaboration, creating partnerships with other museums and educators.