Job Posting – Museum Studies Intern
Museum Studies Internship
Are you a student who is considering a career in the museum field? Are you interested in learning more about the day to day operations of a museum? The National Blues Museum currently has internship opportunities available for both undergraduate and graduate students in several areas including education, marketing, and development.
The Museum Intern reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for assisting in developing and implementing public programs, special events, and guided tours as well as fundraising and marketing of museum programs and events. This is an exciting opportunity to intern at a newly opened cultural institution and entertainment venue where you will have a direct impact on its growth and success. Work schedules are flexible based on class schedules and internship credit requirements.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
– Pursuit of undergraduate or graduate degree
– Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an attention to detail
– Ability to work independently while establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
– Ability to work within a group setting
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
– Proficient in the use of various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
– Hands-on experience in the day to day operations of a museum
– Free admission to the National Blues Museum and concerts
– Paid Parking
Please include Museum Internship in subject line and send resume and cover letter to:
314-925-0016 ext. 432
The National Blues Museum is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for an internship, without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. The National Blues Museum offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity.