The National Blues Museum will use Blues music to enhance learning and creative thinking as an educational bridge to American music, history, social studies, geography, science and math.
Implementing a variety of innovative educational strategies, NBM will offer dynamic educational programs that will:
- Provide teachers with resources that connect students to America's rich musical heritage
- Lead the movement to increase music education in schools and communities with a focus on underprivileged communities
- Explore the history and sociology in the 20th century through the prism of the Blues
- Address race, diversity and culture through the Blues
- Highlight worldwide artistic contributions made by African-Americans
Lincoln Middle School Edwardsville, Il.
Mr. Holland's students pose with Mr. Dave Beardsley of the National Blues Museum, and
Mr. Terry "Harmonica" Bean, World Famous Blues Artist, after their Black History Month Presentation on the birth of the Blues.